AutoCAD/Autocad 2012 plot scaling

Hello, I'm trying to print a drawing (on AutoCAD 2012) on scale 1:50, but everything I tried doesn't result in 1:50. What could I be doing wrong?
I set my drawing units to meters, and the scale to 1:50 in Model. In plot preview I select my printer, paper size A4 and scale 1:50 and the drawing is extremely tiny. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but what is it?

You say, "the scale to 1:50 in Model".  So, did you actually draw the model at 1/50th it's actual size, and then plot at 1:50?  If so, then that's why your plot came out so tiny.  Always draw your models at 1:1, then plot at whatever scale you want.

I hope this helps.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992