AutoCAD/Dimension of plate

QUESTION: Dear Sir, in Qdim command using baseline option,can i move vertical dimension text above the Extension line. also i don't need dimension line. sample image is attached.  thank you

ANSWER: Mohan:

Yes, this is correct.  It works very much like the DIMORDINATE command.  It appears to work with the current UCS, so you will have to have a different UCS for each item you dimension this way in a drawing.

Have a wonderful and prosperous year 2013.

Bill DeShawn

QUESTION: Thank your Sir . Text is moved above the extension line. i also want to remove the dimension line. i tired through ddim dialog box from option dim1 and dim2 but it is not working

Try the DIMSD1 AND DIMSD2 system variables (set to 1 or ON).  Then update the dimension.

Let me know how that goes.  Wait a second - your using ordinate dimensioning.  So, that's not a dimension line, that's an extension line.  So both DIMSE1 and DIMSE2 have to be on or set to 1.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992