AutoCAD/Screen Display

Question
Hi, I use Autocad 2008. Often after I have done a plot, I get a grey rectangle on the screen which is significantly smaller than the screen making it impossible to see the whole drawing on screen. I can't find a way of getting back to a full screen. If I go "Model" I get a black screen and to "Layout 2" - I get the whole screen but can't edit the drawing.

Any ideas?

Answer
Just the beginning of figuring out where you have gone wrong...

After the plot, what do you get if you double click on the wheel of the mouse (which is ZOOM EXTENTS by default)?

Perhaps be less confusing about
...I get a grey rectangle on the screen which is significantly smaller than the screen making it impossible to see the whole drawing on screen

I can't tell if you mean the rectangle means the view is zoomed out, or zoomed in.

In addition, without your describing how you plot -- from layout, from model, with a window, etc, I don't have the needed clues

Bob

AutoCAD

Bob