October 13, 2013

Dear Bill:

I Think we're dealing with 4 or 5 different issues.

1.  B&W printer

2.  Background fill for Table Objects

3.  Color Mapping

4.  AcroPLOT

5.  Plot Styles

I need color .pdf  files for a customer. That is a different issue from background fills for tables.  I don't even know if the two issues intersect.  Let me struggle with these issues more.

I'll contact you again when I become totally stumped and without resource.

Thanks again.

Very truly yours,

Sheldon Goodman  

Another thing that can mess you up is AutoCAD LT or IntelliCAD programs like ProgeCAD.  They can't print screened output.  Everything is 100 percent.  So a 0% output is impossible, except possibly in versions more recent than what I tested this on.  I'm hoping that's not the case with you.  Definitely PDF has had a history of doing this with wipeouts.  But if I color the wipeout with 255 using CHP2K.ctb, then we're good.  I'm not sure what a CHP2K.stb would return.  Don't forget what I said about emailing me the drawing and stb file.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992