November 24, 2013

Dear Bill,

Color 253 is a grayscale "color."  And Color 255 is black/white, black in my case.  I don't believe this has anything to do with screening. I am looking for light grey shading for background on some of my cells.  The output device I am using is a black and white Brother laser printer.  I am not concerned right now about "color."  I don't know much about "draworder" and I don't see how it is relevant.  I'll try to be patient if you will be patient with me.

If I use 0% screening with the plot style I use for the layer upon which my table is drawn, then, when printed, my tables do not appear.

I don't really know how to email you because I am having trouble setting up an email account that accommodates your format.

Sorry for a little bit of a temper tantrum.  I have been trying to solve this problem for 2 years,

Very truly yours,

That's OK.  I understand.  

Now, if your color prints black, then screening is 100%.  So, if you want a grayscale, I'll change the screening on CHP2K FOR 253 to be something like, say 15%, then I'll convert it to STB like I did before.  Also, just in case, for your PC3 file that creates the PDF file (perhaps DWGtoPDF), make sure you go to Plottermanager, select the PC3 file, Select Graphics; Merge Control; Lines Merge.  I'm not sure this helps anymore, but just in case is simulates the old pen plotters, then, it should not ever allow a grayscale background to cover over a solid-line text.
I don't publish my email address on forums, so, if you tell me yours, or start a new question, but select Private instead before sending it, unless ALLEXPERTS allows you to do that to a reply, then I could send you the updated CHP2K.stb.

ALLEXPERTS does not allow me to have control whether or not a message is private.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992