AutoCAD/Text

Question
Hello Scott,

I am currently using AutoCAD 2000i. The problem is our title block text is set to bold but looks different from one computer to another. It plots bold on one computer but thinner on another also. Can't seem to figure out if this is a display issue or a file issue like a a text not loading correctly. Please help

Answer
Hi Ryan,

My guess off the hop is one of two likelihoods:

1. The font being used is being loaded from different files on each computer, or
2. The computers are printing from different CTB files.

Fonts are loaded into AutoCAD from the paths specified in the OPTIONS>FILES>Support File Search Path.  Every version of AutoCAD has it's own fonts included, and these may vary from version to version.  Perhaps the computer that is giving you issues is reading the same font names, but from an older or newer font library.

Another possibility is that each machine is plotting with the same CTB file, but there are minor differences in the files.

There is also a scale lineweights option box in the plot dialog; perhaps one of the computers has it checked.

If neither of these issues help, please let me know which fonts in particular are giving this issue (IE: SHX, TTF, etc)

Scott Wilcox

AutoCAD

Scott Wilcox