AutoCAD/Viewport scale

Question
When your drawing has multiple viewports is there a way or trick to have all text and or dimensions be the same height?  I have multiple viewports in a drawing and because i have zoomed up on some views the text looks different sizes.
Thanks

Answer
There is a way.  It's a bit complicated, and to the point that I don't like it, but it involves several system variables. They are as follows:

Annoallvisible:
Hides or displays annotative objects that do not support the current annotation scale.

0   Only annotative objects that support the current annotation scale are displayed
1   All annotative objects are displayed

The ANNOALLVISIBLE setting is saved individually for model space and each layout.

Note: When ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1, annotative objects that support more than one scale will only display one scale representation.

Updates annotative objects to support the annotation scale when the annotation scale is changed.

When the value is negative, the autoscale functionality is turned off, but the settings are maintained:

1   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, locked or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
-1   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 1.
2   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are turned off, frozen, or that are set to Viewport > Freeze.
-2   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 2.
3   Adds the newly set annotation scale to annotative objects that support the current scale except for those on layers that are locked.
-3   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 3.
4   Adds the newly set annotation scale to all annotative objects that support the current scale.
-4   ANNOAUTOSCALE is turned off, but when turned back on is set to 4.

Specifies whether or not the drawing will behave as an annotative block when inserted into another drawing.

0   Nonannotative
1   Annotative

Note: The ANNOTATIVEDWG system variable becomes read-only if the drawing contains annotative objects.

DIMANNO:
Indicates whether or not the current dimension style is annotative.

0   Nonannotative
1   Annotative

And it also works with text styles:  You decide whether a text style is annotative or not in the Text Style dialog box.

Right-click on a viewport and select "Properties".  There you will find the Annotative Scale setting for that viewport.

In the MTEXT editor you can choose whether or not your text is annotative my clicking on the 3-point icon in the menu bar next to the text style name.

Even I would need to attend a class on how to use this properly.  For me, I find it easier to use the Express Tool CHSPACE to put the text in paper space that I need to have at a particular height even though the rest of the graphics are scaled at different scales.

Good luck.

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn