Sir right now I am working in AutoCAD2010.Please let me know how to create a template in that.
I think the below process can clarify your doubt about creating the new template in the AutoCAD.
1. Create new Drawing
2. Create the New Layers with the required settings
3. Create the Text, Dimension styles what ever you want to present in the drawing
4. Go to File--> Save As --> Select option Template and specify the path and name of the template.
5. Now your template is ready for use.
If you want to use your template
1. Go to File --> Open
2. Change the Files of Type to Drawing Template (*.dwt)
3. Select the Created dwt file in the saved folder
4. Now you are ready with the your new Drawing with the your required settings and styles.
Further if you need any clarification...please let me know.