AutoCAD/Autocad Not Opening

I am Using Autocad 2010.
From last week my Autocad is not Opening. When i open cad file one window will come and it is saying "Select the program from list"
Please help me to open cad file direct open.

Ideally, you want to execute the application first and then open the drawing files from its interface. It seems that you're double clicking on the files first and your OS can't associate the drawing files to Autocad.  Does Autocad load at all when clicked from the start menu or from your desktop?
If it doesn't, repair your installation from the Windows Control Panel before you remove and reinstall your software. To perform a repair installation:
On the Start menu (Windows), click Settings > Control Panel.
In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs (Windows 2000/XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/Windows 7).
Select the Autodesk product, and then click Change or Modify.
Follow the prompts to repair/reinstall the software.
If a repair/reinstall from the Control Panel does not resolve the problem, you may need to completely remove the Autodesk software, and then reinstall it.

However, If Autocad loads just fine when invoked, reassociate dwg/dwf files by following directions here for Windows 7:

If all still fails, sometimes dwg files doesn't register correctly for some reason so you have to modify your registry: In regedit: Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications and find your .exe name. Navigate under its name to shell>open>command. In the Default change its location to the actual location of the executable, hit okay and then try and reassociate the file type as you normally would.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Jory Borge

I'm an experienced CAD Leader with an empirical approach towards implementation and use of CAD applications in the most effective, efficient, and practical manner. I have extensive experience in 3D, programming, vigilant in evaluating new tools, and au fait with emerging technologies.

I've been in the CAD (2D/3D) industry for many years simplifying and formalizing design workflows, integrating databases, and leveraging automated approaches. I've also been an active member of Autodesk's education & feedback community for the past decade.

Autodesk Feedback Community Group | SITEOPS Certified Professionals

Austin College | Tarrant County College | ATI | BLUERIDGE Analytics

AUGI Top DAUG Dallas 2005