AutoCAD/dxf

Question
hello Scott!

we have a CAM product that has to communicate with acad dxf files. no problem of course, but we would like to extract certain layers only from a complete acad drawing. is it possible inside acad to blend out all layers...except those chosen....and save those chosen laers only into a dxf file?

thank you for your answer!
Thomas
GraphCAM GmbH
Germany

Answer
Hi Thomas,

The easiest way, if you have AutoCAD, is to isolate the layer(s) you wish, and use the WBLOCK command, which creates a new drawing file, but it will only contain the objects you select. You can then open the newly created drawing and saveas a DXF.

Apologies for the late response; I was on vacation, and thought I set a vacation notice, but I must have made an error.

Let me know if you require clarification.

Scott Wilcox

AutoCAD

Scott Wilcox