Is there a site I can go to that would explain how to make a macro? I don't know the language and want to make custom buttons.

For beginners, here is an article from Lynn Allen that addresses making Macros in CUIX menus.

Then there is a place where you can see another programmer's "My Favorite AutoCAD Macros" here:

Tutorial here:
and here:
although, this last link wouldn't load for me.

I hope this helps.

If you have specific questions about macros, let me know.  I'm here to help.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992