AutoCAD/toolbar

Question
I need to know how to save a custom toolbar and transfer it to another cad work station. The toolbar is made up of regular commands that are useful to my type of drawings.

Can this be saved somehow to avoid re-making one?

Thanks

Answer
Phil,

I am assuming you are using AutoCAD 2009 or more recent.

You can take anything you have already created and make a custom menu out of it, quite easily using the CUI (Customizable User Interface).

To do this, you will need to locate (in what menu) your existing customized toolbar, so you can find it in the CUI.  To do this, hover over your toolbar and right-click. the menu name should appear.

Type CUI, and click the Transfer tab in the top left area.  The right side of the CUI will become the transfer area.  

Click the NEW icon and create a new CUI (*.cuix extension).

Drag and drop the ribbons and/or toolbars to the corresponding area in the new CUI list.

Click Apply.  Click OK.

The CUIX with the toolbar should now be done!

Use the MENULOAD command to load as a partial menu.  Placing on a network means possible multi user access.

Let me know if you have any questions or require clarification.

Scott Wilcox

AutoCAD

Scott Wilcox