AutoCAD/shx file

I am trying to add a text style to my Autocad. I already tried to type option and add the path to support path file. The shx file is available for a drawing that was sent to me with the particular text style. My question is how can I make the text style permanent so it will be used automatic when I open a new drawing.

Thank you S

Hi Sara, if the shx file is not showing up when you're creating a text style, lets try moving the shx path (you just added) to the very top your support file search path & the restart your autocad session. That way autocad will parse thru that folder first, forcing that shx file to load. Next, edit your default template (normally called acad.dwt) & then modify the 'standard' text style using your shx file. Save the *.dwt file.
Additionally, under options, go to 'Text Editor, Dictionary, and Font File Names / Alternate Font File', you can specify your custom *.shx file here so that autocad cad substitute it on future unreferenced text styles.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Jory Borge

I'm an experienced CAD Leader with an empirical approach towards implementation and use of CAD applications in the most effective, efficient, and practical manner. I have extensive experience in 3D, programming, vigilant in evaluating new tools, and au fait with emerging technologies.

I've been in the CAD (2D/3D) industry for many years simplifying and formalizing design workflows, integrating databases, and leveraging automated approaches. I've also been an active member of Autodesk's education & feedback community for the past decade.

Autodesk Feedback Community Group | SITEOPS Certified Professionals

Austin College | Tarrant County College | ATI | BLUERIDGE Analytics

AUGI Top DAUG Dallas 2005