AutoCAD/NAMED PLOT STYLES

Question
February 22, 2014

Dear Bill:

Me again!

In "Plot Style Table Settings." "Use Named Plot Styles" is punched, but when I go to my plot style editor, those two conditions still exist:  grayed out "Add Style" & "Delete Style."

Sure hope you can help!

Thanks,
Very truly yours,

Sheldon

Answer
and how about PSTYLEPOLICY and DEFLPLSTYLE?

from Express Tools System Variable Editor:
When the drawing is opened and PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 1 (color-dependent plot style mode), DEFLPLSTYLE is read-only and has a value of "BYCOLOR". If PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 0 (named plot style mode) when the drawing is opened, DEFLPLSTYLE is writable and has a default value of "NORMAL".

To convert the current drawing to use named or color-dependent plot styles, use CONVERTPSTYLES.

Remember to save, close and reopen the drawing, because it says, "When PSTYLEPOLICY is set to....when the drawing is opened, DEFLPLSTYLE is writable and has a default value of "NORMAL".

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

So, was that it?

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn