AutoCAD/PLOT STYLES

Question
February 22, 2014

Dear Bill:

Quick questions:

PSTYLEMODE:  When this is set to "0," the drawing is set for named plot styles...this is obvious, right, because, in the properties palate there is a list of named plot styles.  I have some info here that states it's the other way around.

Also, in this named plot style table I have made and am trying to edit, I am not allowed to add new plot styles...why?

Very truly yours,

Sheldon

Answer
Plotstyles
Plotstyles  
Sheldon:

I'm not using the same version you are, but there should be a dialog or palette with similar buttons from the OPTIONS command.  When it pops up, first press Plot and Publish, then plot style settings, Then a plot style table settings dialog should come up.  When it comes up, hover the cursor over where is says, "Use Named Plot Styles" to get a full pop-up description of how it works (hopefully it does that in AutoCAD 2007).  

If you have already done this, let me know and tell me if there are some options that are grayed out.  One thing that I noticed is that unless you select "Use named plot styles" first the choices below WILL be grayed out and you will not be able to select a plot style for layer 0 or default plot style for objects.  

In this forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT-General/Can-t-change-plot-styles/td-p/2
one user said that all he had to do was to exit AutoCAD and get back into it again and it resolved his issue.
My buddy Dean in that forum is right on, although he's pretty notorious for over-simplifying the situation.  :D  You can get into "Help" and sometimes still need help.

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn