AutoCAD/REINSTALL AutoCAD 2007

Question
February 3, 2014

Dear Bill:

Hi!

I did research and I found that my operating system can be either 32-bit or 64-bit.  I have determined that, in my specific case, it is 32-bit.

I don't know why I receive the message:  "THIS VERSION OF AUTOCAD ISN'T COMPATABLE WITH THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS."

I will contact Autodesk tomorrow, Tuesday morning.  I hope they are cooperative/helpful...they may not know how to help me if some element of my computer happens to be incompatible with my issue of AutoCAD 2007... unfortunately they don't gain much by helping me get my software up and running...except for goodwill.

Any help you can send my way is appreciated.

Very truly yours,

Sheldon

Answer
32-bit these days is very unusual for a new computer. You would have to tell some one to install 32-bit onto your PC. You can click on Start button, then right-click on "Computer", and then look at "System Type". You can also click Start button; Control Panel; System, and find "System Type".  One other thing I just thought of: Windows 7 came out in 2009. AutoCad 2007 came out in 2006. Your installation disk was not programmed to recognize operating systems that hadn't yet come out. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't run.  It just means that Autodesk is not required to help you with AutoCAD 2007 on that operating system.  AutoCad 2007 and Windows Vista each came out pretty close to the same time. Therfore they came out with Service Pack 2 to fix problems associated with that combination. If you attempt the installation on your own, be sure to download the latest service pack available for ACAD 2007.

Bill DeShawn

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn