AutoCAD/REINSTALLING AutoCAD 2007

Question
February 12, 2014

Dear Bill:

I'm trying to launch AutoCAD and am encountering obstacles that leave me dumfounded (hopefully not dumb.)  The technicians out there might not be on my side!

I took my computer in to "install" AutoCAD 2007, and they only "installed" AutoCAD...when I wanted my computer to be "launch ready."  It seems the path to doing it myself has now been obscured as my operating system has apparently been reconfigured.  humm...

I bought the Longbow product, as you suggested...it's looks like a good find...am ready to download service packs as you had suggested...good...& finish installation with the help of Autodesk...good...but I dare not let other "fool around with my system?

I'm trying to line up a job & don't want to have to reinvent the microprocessor!

Any suggestions?

Very truly yours,

Sheldon

Answer
First, I NEVER take my computer to a computer tech to install AutoCAD.  Did they downgrade your status on your own computer from Administrator to a standard user?  Do you know how to add paths to files you use and to set up an AutoCAD profile?  What features of AutoCAD are not working?  What features are working that you would like to turn off?

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn