AutoCAD/REINSTALLING AutoCAD 2007

Question
February 13, 2014

Dear Bill:

I'm at the library.  I've had scant email access for the last 1 1/2 weeks so I'm emailing you with a handicap.

Maybe you can help...again!

On my office computer I am a password protected standard user named "Molly Clark."  My computer's name is "OWNER-PC" and my workgroup is "WORKGROUP."

I have more or less solved the problem of closing windows, by right clicking my mouse.

I believe AutoCAD is installed, however not activated... but I can't do much because I don't have internet access now (a problem which I am trying to concurrently resolve.)  I get the icon but nothing happens when it is double clicked.

I'm not sure if I know how to add paths to files (I think I do) & I don't know what an AutoCAD profile is.

You're making me feel like a newbie; hopefully it is for the better...& thanks!

Very truly yours,

Sheldon Goodman

Answer
Standard users need elevated status to install programs, especially ones like AutoCAD. Can you log in as Owner or Administrator and go to Control Panel, Users, and change Molly Clark's status to Administrator?  Before I go any further, I need to make sure we're not in driving distance from one another. Where do you live?  If close by, I can meet wiyh you.  

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn