AutoCAD/Text from 2008 to 2014

Question
I did some work at home using Autocad 2008 and when I bring it to work on Autocad 2014, some of the text is missing. I exploded all the text thinking it maybe needed to be text instead of mtext.

Any ideas?

Answer
Actually, I do have an idea.  Please double-check that the text style has not changed and that there is not a lisp routine that is redefining your text style when you open drawings.  The text might be there, but very, very small.  If you're in the United States, make sure MEASUREMENT is set to 0 (inches) if you usually work in inches.  Also, you should NEVER use "Standard" for a text style name.  You should ALWAYS create and use a text style of your own or that of your company with a name that will not be duplicated by another company.  If the texts are members of the "Standard" text style, rename the style, create legible text in your drawing with that style, take note of the text height and then go back to the STYLE dialog and assign that same height to the text style (not zero).  Click on Apply and Close, and look for your text.  I'm hoping that at this point your text will be visible.

Another idea popped into my mind.  The ANNOALLVISIBLE system variable.  If you're text styles are annotative then you might need to set that system variable to 1.

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn