AutoCAD/Autocad to Corel and back...

Question
Scott -
Thanks for any attention given my issue!
I'm needing to take artwork done in Corel Draw X4 and bring it into Autocad R2015.  I then need to export my work back into Corel in order to create files to be used by our router (EnRoute 4).

The issue is when the linework is brought back into Corel polyline segments and text are jagged lines as opposed to "smooth" lines.

Please tell me if you have any solution I am not aware of?

Thanks so very much...
Dave Nicks

Answer
Dave,

I have not used Corel Draw in a long time, but I recall having a similar challenge.

The issue may be related to the file format you are exporting from AutoCAD and importing into CorelDraw.

I would try the EXPORT command in AutoCAD, and export your file into each of the following formats: DXF, WMF, EPS.

I would then import each of these into Corel to see if one format imports with adequate precision.

Many versions ago, AutoCAD DXFOUT command prompted for the precision, but I could not replicate this on my 2014 version today.

I hope this gives you some assistance.

Let me know how it works out.

Scott Wilcox

AutoCAD

Scott Wilcox