AutoCAD/ddview in autocad 2014

I have drawing that is orientated to true north. I want to get it back to YYZ plane. I put ucs to world and that straightens everything out except when I run a lisp program or dimension. it still goes to true north. when I use ddview I can see that the roll angle is set to 7deg but it will not let me change it. when I type in viewtwist it tells me that it's read only. Its a Revit drawing that was converted to 2d for my use.

can it be edited?

I think I could help you, but your description is a little fuzzy to me.  When you set UCS to world it straightens everything out.  OK.  But you don't like it when it goes "true north"?  That just seems odd.  Just in case, "true north" is a UCS other than World, while you're in either World or True North, try typing PLAN and select current UCS.  See if that works for you.

Then get back to me.

Bill DeShawn

I can address all 2-D questions and some 3-D questions. I do programming in AutoLISP if it doesn`t involve solid modeling. I can also address menu customization issues and can help you find answers to questions I can`t answer by taking your question directly to Autodesk via their newsgroups.

I used to do electronic and mechanical design for a flat panel monitor manufacturer, and now I do architectural drafting for an architect. I did and do AutoLISP and menu customization and take pride in making my lisp routines to do the work exactly the way the client likes them done.

I had a routine published in CADENCE magazine (no longer in publication and taken over by CADALYST). Some of my routines are published on my website at

Certified completion of AutoCAD courses, AutoCAD employment experience since 1992