AutoCAD/AUTOCAD ALERT-UNHANDLED EXCEPTION

Question
QUESTION: Dear Bill:

AutoCAD 2008 seems to be up to speed but when I open the application I get the following message:
         ---------------
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED IN A COMPONENT IN YOUR APPLICATION.  IF YOU CLICK CONTINUE, THE APPLICATION WILL IGNORE THIS ERROR AND ATTEMPT TO CONTINUE
OBJECT REFERENCE NOT SET TO AN INSTANCE OF AN OBJECT
         ---------------
"Details" include references to Assembly, Win32, and mentions it does not support "JIT" debugging. ---------------I hit continue...and everything is fine.

Is this something to be concerned about???

Besides this alert I'm pretty much on board.

Thanks.
Very truly yours,

Sheldon

ANSWER: What version of Windows?  Vista? 7? 8? 10?

Bill

QUESTION: Hi Bill:

I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell computer.
I've been doing a bit of footwork trying to launch a couple of projects without having to purchase all sorts of "stuff," I mean expensive stuff.  I bought a refurbished hp running windows 10, but that is not the computer I am using.  People want to talk me into spending lots of $$$.  I feel like I need to mortgage my casket. ----------------Any way, you've been a charmer in the past...hope you can help.

I had lots of trouble launching AutoCAD 2007 previously, if you remember: codes, service packs, remedial programs...

This time it seemed to install relatively easily...

Hope you can help.

Vty,

Sheldon

Answer
So, let me get this straight.  You installed AutoCAD 2007 on a Windows 7 laptop.  Just like my architect.  And the installation went smooth.  Only when you try to start AutoCAD you get an "Unhandled Exception" error message.  I'm sure you've tried restarting your computer, right?  Dumb question, but I have to ask.  Sorry.

Bill

AutoCAD

Bill DeShawn