Autographs/Autograph authentication?

Harrison Ford
Harrison Ford  
Hi Theo.
My sister passed away recently.  She has a good number of autographs that I assumed she bought over ebay.  I was going to try to sell them back to use the money to go to a scholarship, but I have this bad feeling they are bogus.  Many have, in theory, certificates of authenticity.  Can you tell me if you know anything about any of these supposed companies?  One prominent company is called Future Legends, says they are based in Hollywood, with a weird email address that is not valid.  Another is Selective Resources Autographs from Nottingham, PA.  I have a couple more, you get the drift.  I can attached pics if you are interested.  Thanks for offering to answer my question.

Hi Paul,

I agree with you, it doesn't sound good at all as far as authenticity. Never heard of those companies, which doesn't mean much, but buying Hollywood autographs on eBay without much knowledge is really dangerous, even more so in years past than currently.

Feel free to send more pics to me at

I've only gotten Ford in person once but I am very doubtful the one you e-mailed is real, unfortunately.

Theo Chen

I can answer most questions regarding the appraising, authenticating, buying or selling of modern (20th century to present) autographs of all genres including Hollywood, music, politics, sports and more.

I have owned and operated, the Web's #1 Place for Authentic Autographs, since 1999.

I am the world's top expert on Tiger Woods autographs, having followed his signing habits since 1996. I was featured on the premiere episode of the TLC show Auctioneer$ to evaluate a questionable Tiger Woods autographed golf ball.

Beckett Baseball Card Monthly
Beckett Basketball Card Magazine
Beckett Football Card Magazine
Beckett Hockey Card Magazine
Beckett Golf Magazine
Beckett Sports Collectibles
Beckett Vintage Collectibles
Junior Baseball Magazine

B.S. Marketing, University of Maryland