Autographs/Opinion of authenticity: signed Tiger Woods golf ball

Mr Chen,

Hello, wanted to quickly email over as I had read a lot of great things about you and your knowledge of autographs and recently acquire a signed, Tiger Woods golf ball, from what appears to be a "mid 90s" style of signature.  I wasnt quite sure if it is actually his autograph as Ive seen variations from the early to mid 90s, but I have also seen some nice copies of where people have tried to recreate his style of autograph from that timeframe too.  I just wanted to get your opinion on it as well and any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

It looks similar to some of his signatures from around 1995 that are assumed to be real. However there is no way to definitively PROVE that it's real. It would help if you researched the exact brand and model of golf ball and determined that it was made during or before that era. Also, did the seller give you some background as far as how, when and where it was signed?

Theo Chen

I can answer most questions regarding the appraising, authenticating, buying or selling of modern (20th century to present) autographs of all genres including Hollywood, music, politics, sports and more.

I have owned and operated, the Web's #1 Place for Authentic Autographs, since 1999.

I am the world's top expert on Tiger Woods autographs, having followed his signing habits since 1996. I was featured on the premiere episode of the TLC show Auctioneer$ to evaluate a questionable Tiger Woods autographed golf ball.

Beckett Baseball Card Monthly
Beckett Basketball Card Magazine
Beckett Football Card Magazine
Beckett Hockey Card Magazine
Beckett Golf Magazine
Beckett Sports Collectibles
Beckett Vintage Collectibles
Junior Baseball Magazine

B.S. Marketing, University of Maryland