Autographs/1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Autographed Card

Michael Jordan 1986-87 Fleer Card
Michael Jordan 1986-87  
I would like to know if this 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan autographed rookie is authentic. It was obtained in the late 80's through the mail. I have compared it to known examples of Jordan's autograph from that time period and its looks authentic. However, I do not consider myself an expert. Please let me know your opinion. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

ANSWER: Jordan's autograph is very difficult to authenticate because of the large number of fakes, because his signature has changed over the years, and because he has signed differently depending on the circumstances. Your card looks like it might be real but you'll probably have to send it to JSA for research and a better educated opinion.

This is a Jordan I obtained through the Bulls PR department around 1990. There are similarities but differences too.

QUESTION: I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that it was obtained through the mail by writing to Jordan in the late 80's in care of the Chicago Bulls (I think the 1988-89 season). Do you know if he actually answered fan mail at that time or did he have his representatives take care of it and sign for him?

ANSWER: No one can say for sure. It's possible he signed his own mail sometimes, other times someone signed it for him. If you want, I can submit this to JSA at a discounted rate as they are coming to town, and they won't charge me if it fails.

QUESTION: How much would the discounted rate be? And would I have to mail the card into you or JSA? Thanks again for your input.

You'd send it to me. I will find out the discounted fee and let you know in case you want to submit it.

Are you trying to sell this card or are you just trying to verify the authenticity?

What is your e-mail address?

Theo Chen

I can answer most questions regarding the appraising, authenticating, buying or selling of modern (20th century to present) autographs of all genres including Hollywood, music, politics, sports and more.

I have owned and operated, the Web's #1 Place for Authentic Autographs, since 1999.

I am the world's top expert on Tiger Woods autographs, having followed his signing habits since 1996. I was featured on the premiere episode of the TLC show Auctioneer$ to evaluate a questionable Tiger Woods autographed golf ball.

Beckett Baseball Card Monthly
Beckett Basketball Card Magazine
Beckett Football Card Magazine
Beckett Hockey Card Magazine
Beckett Golf Magazine
Beckett Sports Collectibles
Beckett Vintage Collectibles
Junior Baseball Magazine

B.S. Marketing, University of Maryland