Automotive/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Multilingual Traffic Sign Board.3/24/2017Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel it is useful to design and construct Multilingual Traffic Sign Board? Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, This is a very complicated question. While I would like to say "yes", how many languages ...
Motor Training schools for Heavy vehicles.3/23/2017Skip Bollinger
  Q: Are there Motor Training schools for teaching driving specific to Heavy vehicles? Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, Oh my God YES!!! Your parents teach you to ride a bicycle. Over here, in school, kids ...
Cylinder Heads1/20/2017Skip Bollinger
  Q: Will a cylinder head from a 1991 Ford Explorer 4.0 V-6 work on a 1993 Explorer v-6
  A: Bob, From what I see, You NEED TO CHECK THE Casting Numbers. I looked at these webs site to ...
92 Isuzu PU1/18/2017Skip Bollinger
  Q: location of drain plug on 5-speed tranny. standard shift
  A: Robert, I'm a Parts Specialist, NOT a Tech but did a bit of looking on the Net and found these ...
Petrol Pumps stations with Basement.1/13/2017Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it feasible and useful to design and construct petrol pump Stations with basement? Thanks ...
  A: Prashant, Because of our cultural differences, I'm not sure what you mean by a "Petrol Pump ...
12v socket battery tester12/26/2016Ernest (Ernie) Kenward
  Q: As a convenience, I tried a 12v socket (cigarette lighter) battery tester on several vehicles with ...
  A: Slight correction ... way below: Measuring NO-load current would be a neat trick! What can I say ...
part compatibility for a 1994 Pontiac Grand AM9/30/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Skip, My wife's good friend is having a problem with her 1994 Pontiac Grand Am that would ideally ...
  A: Glenn, Thank you for your question. It is out of my realm of expertise as I specialize in ...
misfire codes showing9/2/2016Ernest (Ernie) Kenward
  Q: 2000 Mercury 3.0 First of all, engine was "scoped" & shows good compression. Started to get loss of ...
  A: Recent (1990 and since) vehicles are not core to my areas of automotive interest, which is much more ...
Seat Heater Pad for motorcycle/car8/29/2016Ernest (Ernie) Kenward
  Q: I have a seat heater element that my boss is having produced for use with a motorcycle. We have 3 ...
  A: The thought occurred to me that, if you get into any amount of analysis of products in respect to ...
Hydrocarbons mixture as Automobile fuels.8/14/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Can Hydrocarbons mixture generate Automobile fuels? Examples - Methane, Ethane, ...
  A: Prashant, OF Course they can. Some of the fuels need to be in a compressed form, you probably have ...
Formula racing car event in Olympics8/11/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is formula racing car sport event included in Olympics games? If no,do you feel this sport event ...
  A: Prashant, NO, it will never happen. The Olympics are supposed to be for Amateur Athletes. It is ...
Formula racing car fuel.8/10/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Can Formula racing car fuel be diesel or CNG? Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, Of course any engine can be made to run on any fuel. The problem with Diesel or ...
ford and Lincoln automatic transmissions7/31/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: I have a 1998 Lincoln 4.6 4 valve engine and automatic transmission, will the transmission bolt to a ...
  A: David, Well, your simple question has turned complicated with my questions. They are: 1. You have ...
Two wheeler automobile protection from rain.7/29/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it possible to do reengineering a two wheeler automobile structure so that the driver and ...
  A: Prashant, Firstly, let me tell you that a 2 wheeled vehicle, in America, is called a Motorcycle or ...
Driving licence card updates.7/10/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel it could be useful to have vehicle names and number if owned in the driving licence card ...
  A: Prashant, I don't think it would be helpful at all. Especially if the person driving such ...
Four Wheeler Front Headlights Design.7/6/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel it is useful to have 2 or more Front Headlights in a Four Wheeler above the Front Glass ...
  A: Prashant, This question, from you, surprises me. You are an intelligent person and knows the ...
CNG as Tractor Fuel System.5/11/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Can Tractor have CNG as Fuel System?. Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, Of course you can put a Compressed Natural Gas system on a tractor. One can install a ...
car radiator fan4/16/2016Ernest (Ernie) Kenward
  Q: , i own a ford figo tdci 2015 model car , i want to ask that how much is the normal time taken ...
  A: Sorry for the delay! As it happened, I needed to produce some course notes on Temperature control, ...
Portable Vacuum cleaner for Heavy vehicles.3/29/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel Portable vacuum cleaner product could be useful for Heavy vehicles cleaning maintenance ...
  A: Prashant, Your question amazes me. You are a smart person and know this answer. It is YES. In ...
325i2/19/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: My idle is rough on my 1994 bmw 325i. I've change the main relay. Oil change. Spark plugs it's black ...
  A: Tiny, I'm going to offer you some things to look at but before I do that, I would like to remind ...
Seat Belts for Heavy vehicles.1/13/2016Skip Bollinger
  Q: Can Seat Belts for Heavy vehicles viz Truck, Buses, Tankers, Tempos etc be designed and ...
  A: Prashant, You are an intelligent person and I'm a bit surprised at your question. Of course seat ...
Help with a dodge mirada12/22/2015Ernest (Ernie) Kenward
  Q: I have a 225 slant six dodge mirada, we have changed the spark plugs, spark plug ...
  A: I had missed adding a sentence or two to the the comment about your jumpering a wire directly from ...
Ambulance vehicles with ICU Facilities.12/19/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel it should be made mandatory to provide ICU facilities in all Ambulance vehicle services ...
  A: Prashant, First, I would like to wish you and your family Happy Holidays. I don't know your ...
chevy silverado 200312/5/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: my blinkers,flasher, and interior lights all quit working.i checked the fuses.not blown. what could ...
  A: Jeffery, As noted in my Profile, I'm a parts specialist, NOT a Tech but will offer some thoughts ...
PID Temperature controller applications in Automobiles.12/3/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Can there be applications of implementing PID temperature controllers in Automobiles?. Thanks ...
  A: Prashant, Of course. This has been done, here in America, for years. Over here, we call it ...
Automotive Battery Panel Indicator.11/29/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it possible to design a electronic panel for the Automotive Battery indicating to the driver for ...
  A: Prashant, Of course, it's called a Volt meter or Amperage meter. Almost all vehicles built today ...
Storage facility in tractor vehicle.11/22/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: 1 Is adequate storage facility available for storing fertilizers, pesticides, farming materials and ...
  A: Prashant, Our difference in "language" has finally come to us. I'm not sure what you mean by a ...
Tractor Fuel System.11/21/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do Tractor vehicle support Petrol or CNG fuel system?. Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, Of course, they can support either one. It just depends on if the Tractor was built to ...
Heavy vehicles export to other countries.11/20/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Ship will be the preferred mode of transport between air, water and road for exporting heavy ...
  A: Prashant, God has given you a computer. It is between your ears. You aren't stupid. You can use ...
Driving license for Mountain bicyles.11/19/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel driving licence is required for driving a Mountain bicycle?. Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, IF it is a NON MOTORIZED vehicle, NO. I'm really not sure what your definition of ...
Zebra crossing for railroads.11/18/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel adding zebra crossing for railroads with different contrast colors apart from black & ...
  A: Prashant, No, Zebras are going to cross wherever they want. Train Engineers are aware of the ...
Storage facility in Cars.11/15/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you feel electronic lock with password can enhance security in addition to current mechanical ...
  A: Prashant, Yes, anything one can do to make entry more difficult would help but a thief is going to ...
Household letters box with mechanical combination Lock.10/26/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it possible to design and Construct household letters box with mechanical combination Lock?. ...
  A: Prashant, This is NOT an Automotive Question. We have discussed this recently. Yes, it is ...
Lottery Metallic Coins.10/25/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Can we manufacture Lottery in Metallic Coins as well as paper ticket similar to currency available ...
  A: Prashant, Recently you have been drifting away from Automotive. I will offer my opinion to you ...
Mechanical combination Lock for Automobiles.10/24/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it possible to fix mechanical combination Lock for the front door of the driver's seat in the ...
  A: Prashant, Sure, it is possible to attach a Mechanical Combination Lock but why? It would look ugly ...
Speaking Wall Clock.10/22/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Are there Speaking Wall Clocks available in market both analog and digital version which will speak ...
  A: Prashant, This is a little bit away from Automotive, wouldn't you think? Anyway, I'm here at home ...
Fixing Gearbox in Mountain Bikes.10/20/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it possible to fix Gearbox in Mountain Bikes?. If yes, What Speeds can be achieved by the ...
  A: Prashant, I know NOTHING about bicycles. I will offer my thoughts for your consideration. A ...
Quadrilateral Cycle.10/15/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Is it possible to design and Construct a quadrilateral Cycle i.e Cycle with four wheels?. One ...
  A: Prashant, My first question to you would be "Why"? To the end benefit being what? It could be ...
Tricycle with mechanical combination Lock.10/13/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Will we require one or two mechanical combination Lock for a tricycle?. Thanks Prashant
  A: Prashant, This is a joke, right? Are you talking about a 3 wheeled cycle that children ride? Just ...
Electronic road traffic signal boards.10/9/2015Skip Bollinger
  Q: Do you recommend to have all Electronic road traffic signal boards Displayed on the LCD or LED ...
  A: Prashant, We have discussed this before. Take your cell phone out in the Sun and try to read what ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

Automotive

Skip Bollinger

Top Expert on this page