Automotive/94 F150 XLT 5.0 shifting issue

When I am driving no matter what speed when i push a little harder on the gas it feels like the transmission will slip out and the engine will rev way up but still have a little power. it will then slam back into gear and jerk the whole truck and then i will be on my way.  it seems to be worse in warm temps and when i have a passanger in the vehivle. I have been told it either could be a transmission issue or it could be a vacuum leak. any suggestions?

Based on what you have described, the Transmission is slipping. A thorough inspection of the Transmission, starting with a Shop test driving the vehicle, and followed by a disassembly, and visual inspection of the Clutch packs, etc, would be the only way to really nail down what is wrong with the Transmission.

Ben Deutschman

Questions ONLY related to Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge Slant-Sixes from 1960-1975. You can ask me about Engine Timing, general specifications, do`s and don`ts, and details such as proper installation of `Spark Plugs` on the 1960-74 `Slant-Sixes.`

I own and work on a 1960 plymouth, powered by a 'Slant-Six', have also worked on a 1968 'Slant-Six', a 1975, a 1964, and and 1970 'Slant-Six'

Ben Deutschman
POCI Legislative Liaison
President Of The NY/NJ Slant-Six Club Of America (NY/NJ Slant-Six Club Of America Website)

Smoke Signals (Pontiac-Oakland Club International)
Hemmings Motor News

B.A 'Labor Relations', 'Rutgers University' (Livingston College Campus)