Automotive/93 chevy van g/20 vin k out of oklahoma

Question
I jumped a and b on the diagnostic terminal because I do not own a obd1 scanner I received  code 12 "which lets u know your diaGNOSTICS ARE WORKING" THEN I GOT  CODE 37 ? ? YES 37 . 37 DOES NOT EXIST AND CODE 42 WHICH IS LOW VOLTAGE FROM EST TO DIST, MODULE, I BELIEVE.. SO MY FRIEND WHO OWNS THE VAN , HAD HER MECHANICS WORKING ON SOME ISSUES. THE FROM WHAT I AM TOLD HAVE CHANGES THE DIST , REBUILT THE THROTTLE BODY INJECTORS , THEN CLEARED THE CODES ..... IT RAN GREAT FOR APROXAMTELY 39 MILES THEN CODE 37 COMES BACK UP AND VAN WONT RUN ABOVE 25MPH . HELP

Answer
Nonya,
  Before we begin, it is stated in my Profile, I'm a Parts Professional, NOT a Tech. Okay?? I'm doing what I can to help you but your question is WAY out of my realm of expertise. Here are my thoughts for your problem.....
  Code 37 is a problem with the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid or the wiring going to it. It is a valid code. Code 42 is a problem with the Brake Light Switch OR the Powertrain Control Module OR wiring going to it.
  The description, which I obtained from a Tech customer of mine, are the following:
  Code 37: All it says is "Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid or wiring going to it".
  Code 42: Check B+ with a test light at the Pink/Black wire into the brake switch, with key  on.
         Check B+ at the Purple wire out of the Brake Light Switch, foot OFF the brake  pedal.
         If Test Light is bright at the Pink/Black but NOT at the Purple wire, replace the brake light switch.
  This makes absolutely NO sense to me, but as I said, I'm a Parts Professional, NOT a Tech.
  I hope this gives you some direction. I think I' be looking at the Transmission problem. I don't know why, after having all the work done on her van, it would work for 39 miles and then go back to being a piece of crap. With the work they did, I imagine they may have moved some wires and that helped the problem. Once done, driving the van had "jiggled" the wires and caused some type of problem. If I were you, I'd look, very hard, at the wiring on this van and see if you can't find some wires touching something they shouldn't. This vehicle is 20 years old and a lot of wiring can be deteriorated. Good luck..
Skip  

Automotive

Skip Bollinger