Automotive/1994 BMW 325is

I have a 1994 BMW. I would like to know if the key that starts the car would be the same key to open the trunk. Should it be the same or not? Thank you.

I will be honest and up front with you, I can't answer this question. I will tell you my 1974 Camaro takes different keys for the ignition and doors/trunk. My 2005 Equinox takes one key for everything. I just went out and looked at the hatch on the Equinox... There isn't even a key cylinder for the hatch. I went over and looked at my Wife's Cruze and there is no lock cylinder for the trunk. I'm not sure how you would lock either vehicle if the battery is dead!!
  If I were in your shoes, I'd call a local BMW dealer and ask them. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better answer. I'm a Parts Specialist and this falls outside my world of expertise. Sorry..
  New York, huh?? My family just got back from New York. My son was married in Upstate New York. We spent some time in Lower Manhattan then took a train to Upstate. New York City is something else for someone from Middle America. Upstate was beautiful. Reminded me of the Ozark area of Missouri. Sorry, I got off on a tangent.
  Good luck. I'm sorry I couldn't offer you better advice.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.