Automotive/1996 ford ranger 2.3 liter 4 cylinder

need to know about getting thermostat out to replace it.will i have to take off fan housing,fan clutch,and remove fan to do this

I'm not Mechanic. My expertise, as stated in My Profile, is in Auto Parts but in an effort to help you, I went to YouTube and found this video. I hope it helps.

If it doesn't come through, just go to and type in "1996 ford ranger 2.3 thermostat replacement" and you will find the video. Looks like a pain in the butt to change something so simple. I think the guys who design this crap should have to work on it too. Good luck.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.