Automotive/question about fuses

I am having several problems with my 2001 accent.  The taillights are out but the bulbs are fine, the dashboard light is out but the warning lights at the bottom of the dash is fine and my back defroster does not work.  Could all these problems be certain blown fuses.  I know there are two fuse boxes, one under the hood and under the left side of the lower dashboard.  Would really be very grateful for any help.  Thanks

As is stated in my Profile, I'm a Parts Professional, NOT a Tech but I will offer these thoughts for your consideration.
  I doubt, seriously, if Hyundai would have fused all these circuits together. I would suspect fuses, as you suggest. BUT, how did you check the tail light bulbs and the dash light bulbs? Did you connect test lights to the bulbs or put in replacement bulbs? If you put in replacement bulbs and they still don't work, I think there is an electrical supply problem to the socket.
  Have you had the vehicle "jump started" recently? If so, it could have resulted in a voltage spike and blown some fuses. Have you had the Alternator/Charging system checked to see how much voltage it is putting out? If the Voltage Regulator is bad, it could be over charging the system and blowing fuses.
  Donna, that is about all I can think of. I hope this may give you some direction. Please don't hammer my chops for being stupid. As I said, I'm a Parts Professional, NOT a Tech. Good luck and thank you for the question..

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.