Automotive/fans

Question
Hello Skip

I hope you can help me with this simple question.
I have a Honda Accord year 2000 model. At the grille there are 2 fans, one bigger (the left one) than the other fan. May I know what fans are they? Also I could not find the fan belt. Is it true now they don't use fan belts anymore.

Thank you. Your reply is very much appreciated

Eddie

Answer
Eddie,
  I read this last night and printed it out so I could take it to work and look at some photos of the fans on your car. You didn't tell me which engine so I just guessed a V-6.
  The fan that sits by the radiator is for engine cooling. The radiator can be identified by looking for a large (1 3/4") hose going to the top of it. I didn't think to look, at work, but it probably has a cap on top of the radiator.
  The other fan is for the Air Conditioner condenser. It probably won't come on unless the A/C is on.
  Since the fans are electric, they are NOT belt driven. You still have a belt for the accessories such as A/C, alternator, water pump and power steering... but no fan.
  If you would like to see photos of your fans and possibly a better description, you can go to WWW.DormanProducts.com and look at photos 620-226 for the radiator fan and 620-228 for the A/C condenser fan.
  I think that is about it. If I have forgotten anything, just contact me again. Thank you for your question and I hope I answered all your questions to your satisfaction.

Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger