Automotive/Multiple CNG Cylinders in Automobiles.

Dear Skip‎

Is it possible to install Multiple (More than one) CNG Cylinders in Automobiles  viz Medium and Heavy Vehicles viz Cars, Jeeps, Trucks, Lorries etc?.

I Feel the advantages would be double the Fuel storage capacity
in a automobile where in case one CNG Cylinder gets exhausted then automatically switching to the other CNG Cylinder as input Fuel source for the automobile.

Limitations could be the space required to fix the other extra CNG cylinder in the automobile ?.

Can this Limitation could be overcome in making space available for installation of another CNG Cylinder in the vehicle ?.

In terms of safety purposes do you recommend to have multiple CNG Cylinders in a automobile ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Sure, anything is possible BUT do the benefits offset the danger? I'm a PARTS specialist, not a vehicle designer but will offer some common sense opinions.
  My first thoughts is, "Where are you going to put those bombs"? They need to be "hidden" from possible damage in the event of a crash.
  If you keep the construction of the vehicle the same, in order to install more cylinders, you will have to reduce passenger and/or trunk (storage) area. You might think about the added weight to the vehicle. This will reduce the fuel efficiency of the vehicle.
  In my meager opinion, it looks good "on paper" but I don't think it is worth trying. Please don't let my "opinion" damage your dreams. IF you think it will work, If you have the money, go for it and prove me wrong.
  Prashant, good luck and let me know how it goes.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.