Automotive/power steering fluid leaking

Question
I have a 1999 GMC Cavalier and, it started to leak power steering fluid when I started the engine - I turned off engine right away!.  Also, it stayed on my driveway for a year, not being driven at all, as I have another spare car.
Do you suggest I junk the car, as repairs are too EXPENSIVE or, try and repair it myself and/or a shop.

Thank you,
Don.

Answer
Don,
  The first thing I'd do is find out the value of the car. You can go to Kelly Blue Book, answer some questions and they will give you a pretty good idea as to the value. Remember that the car WILL run and drive so don't short change yourself.
  The second thing I'd do is find where the leak is and determine if you, Don, have the ability to fix it. Then fix it if the cost is within your budget.
  IF you CAN'T fix it, I'd donate it to a Charity (IF you can afford to). We have Cars for Heroes here. I donated a 1995 Malibu with a blown engine and got an $1,800.00 Charitable Donation credit off my taxes. Money in the pocket immediately? NO. But when we did our taxes, they were reduced because of the donation. Plus it makes on feel good helping a Vet in need. What they do is either fix your car or take parts off it to repair another similar car. Then they give it to a Vet in need.
  Thank you for your question and I hope this gives you some ideas as to what path to take. Good luck,
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger