Automotive/Portable Microwave Oven Model Design.

Is it possible to design and construct a Portable Microwave oven product which may be useful to carry while travelling by vehicle viz car, jeep etc ?.

Since it is portable, it will be battery operated - secondary source of energy as well as the portable oven's weight has to be considered. Power - battery voltage, current required for the microwave oven has to be calculated.

Also considerations will be whether all the microwave  functions can be embedded in this mini portable microwave oven model.

The Portable Microwave oven can be placed in a briefcase while transit.

Is it feasible to construct this product ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Prashant,
 You are too late. It already exists. There are Motorhomes or Motorcoaches that have such an appliance. These Motorhomes are 30' to 40' long. They have, possibly 2-3 bedrooms, bathroom, living room, Television, surround sound, and the list goes on. They aren't cheap but if you Google Motorhome, you will see what is available over here. They can be VERY nice and most cost more than the home I live in!! It is basically a small home on wheels!
 I have never seen a Microwave that can be collapsed to be put into a Briefcase. The Oven emits microwaves which is lethal to any animal or thing that contains moisture or water. A microwave has special "insulation" to prevent these microwaves from escaping the oven. If it had collapsible walls, these waves could possibly leak out harm people in the area.  
  I hope this helps. Good luck. This is a better "thought" than your last message. I can't remember what it was. Keep going. You will find something that will make you some money!!

QUESTION: Dear skip

Is it also possible to design and develop a smartphone application Where the smartphone device will Detect the portable microwave oven Device and control the microwave function Using push Button.

The smartphone device and microwave oven device are both wifi or bluetooth enabled.

Thanks & regards
Prashant s akerkar

There is, to my knowledge, NO PORTABLE Microwave. They all have to be plugged in to an electrical outlet. They just draw too much Wattage to have a battery. I'm positive I have seen Microwave Ovens that can be controlled by a Smartphone.
 Again, Google Microwave and I'm sure you will see some controlled by Smartphones. Good luck.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.