Automotive/Automobiles Detecting Electronic Traffic Signboards

Traffic Signs
Traffic Signs  
Dear Skip

Is it possible to convert the existing Traffic signs into electronic traffic signs so that Automobiles viz cars, trucks, buses, jeeps can play the Traffic sign within their built in internal speaker at a distance ?.

For example :

The transmitter / sensor in Electronic Traffic sign boards will pass the Radio frequency signals and this will be detected by the automobile receiver electronics at a distance. The receiver sensor within the automobile will pay the respective sound files example : "Zebra crossing ahead", "Go Slow, School Ahead", "Drive slow, Dangerous curve ahead" etc

If the cost could be the factor in implementing all electronic traffic sign boards, then locating the Strategic Electronic Traffic Sign Boards on the road could be useful.

The Automobile can have a New feature integrated "Automatic Detection of Traffic Sign Boards by playing Sound files to the Driver".

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

You know, you have a lot of good ideas. I remember you asking me about tall busses and so on. Regardless of my answers, PLEASE don't let me stop your ideas. You are thinking and that is good. Some day you will be rewarded with your forward thinking.
  This "Electronic Traffic Signs" is an excellent idea. But, as you say, it could be too cost prohibitive. I feel the best place, for the sensors, would be in the road, not coming from the signs. The vehicle manufacturers would have to install a "sensor system", as you said but the Auto Manufacturers and "sensor" manufacturers would have to coordinate with each other to be on the same page. My daughter says that Siri is the company that offers "turn by turn" verbal direction to iPhones. They may be a company that you might contact to see if this is a financial reality.
  This is an excellent idea. I'm not sure where to send you for more information except Siri. It would be a Win / Win situation with respect to safety. Keep looking and asking questions. This could really be a life saver. Good luck.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.