Automotive/Solution/s For Automobile Keys Getting Lost.

Dear Skip

Case Study

A Car Owner drives his vehicle away from his residence for a Holiday to a far place say Hill Station or a religious place or any other tourist spot. He checks in a Hotel and after 1-3 days he checks out from the Hotel but then he notices that his car keys are Lost.

There is a automatic sensor lock for locking the car from front and rear doors.
The Car was locked from outside with the automatic lock Key and the key which allows him to start the car as well as the sensor door lock key has been lost.

What are the solutions for him to drive his automobile by getting Door Lock/UnLock Keys and Car Start Key ?.

1. Do the Owner has to contact the Authorized service center of the Automobile Manufacturer which is nearest to the place he has visited ?.

i.e. Maruti Suzuki Manufacturer - Contact Maruti Authorized service center.

2. Any other Authorized service center of not the Automobile manufacturer can also help in this regard ?.

i.e. Maruti Suzuki Manufacturer - Honda Authorized service center can help ?.

3. Do a Nearest Automobile repair Garage from his place help him in this Regard ?.

4. Do a Duplicate Key maker who makes duplicate keys for House locks help in creating car keys i.e. Car Door Key and Car Start Key for the same ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I spoke to a friend of mine who is a Tow Truck Driver and he said the ONLY option you have is your #1. Yes
#2. NO
#3. NO
#4. NO
  Depending on the year, many of the keys have "computer chips" in them and cannot be duplicated by anyone other than the Original Vehicle Manufacturer. He also told me you have to produce the Vehicle Identification Number for them to duplicate the key.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.