Automotive/Emergency Brakes in Automobiles.
1. Is Emergency Brakes Feature available in all automobiles ?. viz a. two wheeler scooters, motorcycles, bikes etc b. three wheeler viz autorickshaw, tempo c.four wheelers viz Cars, Jeeps, Trucks, Buses, Lorries etc ?.
2. In a rare case technically, the Emergency Brakes can also fail or not work in a automobile for the driver ?.
3. What are the real life situations where emergency brakes can be applied by automobile driver ?.
Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
I see you have been "thinking" again!! Keep it up!!
I'm not sure I completely understand your question. You are using words we don't have here in America such as: viz, autorickshaw and Lorries. I'm going to say, in my words, what I think you are asking. I hope this is okay.
1. Are Emergency Brakes used in all automobiles? YES. They are NOT used on 2 wheelers and I don't believe they are used on 3 wheel vehicles. Two and Three wheel vehicles, to my knowledge, all use cable activated brakes anyway.
2. Do Emergency Brakes ever fail? YES!! They are totally mechanical and run under the car. They are subject to water and chemicals we use to melt Ice and Snow. They rust and the cable becomes stuck within the housing and will not work. The brakes, themselves, can be Pads or Shoes but will wear out in time. There are other things that can go wrong but just know that, YES, they do fail.
3. In real life, the Emergency Brake should be applied whenever one parks a vehicle. It can be used in the rare case that the Hydraulic Brake system should fail. The Emergency Brake system is also used in Stunt Driving, not too practical for the street, however!!
If I haven't answered your questions, I'm sorry. I hope I have. IF I haven't, just ask me again and try to use language that is more English. I'm not being critical, please believe me.
Take care and keep in touch. Good luck!!