Automotive/Fixing Gearbox in Mountain Bikes.

Question
Dear Skip

Is it possible to fix Gearbox in Mountain Bikes?.

If yes, What Speeds can be achieved by the cyclist?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
  I know NOTHING about bicycles. I will offer my thoughts for your consideration. A bicycle has NO idea where it is being ridden. The basic difference between bicycles and where they are ridden are the frame, chassis, tire size and composition. I know "touring" bikes have gears. I don't see why the same setup couldn't be applied to mountain bikes. As far as gears go, I have NO IDEA about that.
  Maybe you should contact someone in the "Sports" section of this venue or contact Schwinn Bicycles. I hope this helps.. Good luck.
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger