Automotive/Fixing Gearbox in Mountain Bikes.

Dear Skip

Is it possible to fix Gearbox in Mountain Bikes?.

If yes, What Speeds can be achieved by the cyclist?.

I know NOTHING about bicycles. I will offer my thoughts for your consideration. A bicycle has NO idea where it is being ridden. The basic difference between bicycles and where they are ridden are the frame, chassis, tire size and composition. I know "touring" bikes have gears. I don't see why the same setup couldn't be applied to mountain bikes. As far as gears go, I have NO IDEA about that.
  Maybe you should contact someone in the "Sports" section of this venue or contact Schwinn Bicycles. I hope this helps.. Good luck.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.