Automotive/Quadrilateral Cycle.

Dear Skip

Is it possible to design and Construct a quadrilateral Cycle i.e Cycle with four wheels?.

One front and three rear wheels for the cyclists.

My first question to you would be "Why"? To the end benefit being what? It could be done buy why? The only answer to my question, that I can come up with, is "traction". If the vehicle has chain driven rear tires, one could just extend the axle and add a tire at each end of the axle. IF traction is the end desire, the tires at the end of the axle would have to be affixed solidly to the axle.
  I can't see how this would work if the cycle has a drive shaft like a FEW motorcycles have.
  I think this answers your question, IF I read it correctly. Good Luck!!

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.