Automotive/Heavy vehicles export to other countries.

Dear Skip

Ship will be the preferred mode of transport between air, water and road for exporting heavy vehicles to other countries?.

Examples - Tractor, Crane, Tempo etc exporting to Europe, middle east, africa, china, japan etc.

God has given you a computer. It is between your ears. You aren't stupid. You can use it. With that being said, here is my answer to your question.
  It depends on the Origin of the Country and the Destination. It also depends on how much money the buyer wants to spend AND how soon they need the equipment.
  I have shipped some parts from America to Australia. Some customers want it by boat since they can't afford the Air freight OR they just don't need the part quickly, so it goes by boat. There are other customers that deal with Heavy Machinery that need the Vehicle NOW and are willing to pay Air Freight. They will earn the "shipping" charges back by having the machine on site sooner.
  Let's say you are doing a construction job and are earning $2500.00 a day and your machine breaks down. You can spend $500.00 to have a new machine shipped in, by Boat, but it will take 21 days. OR you can spend $5,000.00 to have it shipped in by Air and have it in 3 days. One doesn't have to be a mathematical genius to figure Air would be better.
  It also makes a difference if the supplier and the buyer are able to connect by road. IF I needed to send you something, it couldn't go by road!! Hope this helps..

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.