Automotive/Storage facility in Cars.

Dear Skip

Do you feel electronic lock with password can enhance security in addition to current mechanical Lock implemented in the storage facilty of rear side of car?.

Yes, anything one can do to make entry more difficult would help but a thief is going to do whatever it takes to obtain entry. They will probable just break the glass to get inside the car.
 Another thing to look at is Safety Glass. This is two pieces of glass with Plastic between the two. The glass will break but not shatter. It is difficult to break both pieces of glass since they are "glued" together with the plastic.
  Something else to think about is "tinting" the windows so a thief can't see what is inside the car.  
  In closing, the best thing to do is hide your valuables. Put them under the seats or just cover them up. OR just take them with you, if possible..
  Hope this helps..

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.