Automotive/Zebra crossing for railroads.

Dear Skip

Do you feel adding zebra crossing for railroads with different contrast colors apart from black & White can reduce accidents?.

These crossings are typically seen in rural areas where mail express trains are running.

No, Zebras are going to cross wherever they want. Train Engineers are aware of the Posted crossings, no matter what color of the signs. Most of these crossings, like in America, are in Rural areas.
  With that being said, We have, here in America, a product called a "Deer Whistle". It is similar to a Dog Whistle.
  The Dog Whistle is used to call your dog home. It is not audible to Human hearing but the Dog can hear it and, if trained properly, will come home. The Deer Whistle is just the opposite. The noise, while not audible to Human hearing, Deer can hear it and they don't like it. They will run from it. These whistles can be attached to the front bumper of a vehicle and help prevent the deer from coming close to the vehicle. I don't know if a Zebra has the same hearing as a deer but it may. You would have to contact someone with Animal Knowledge about that.
  I hope this helps..

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.