Automotive/Automobile tires material.

Dear Skip

Can we either use Carbon, Phosphorus, Lead,Sulphur, Iron or Steel as automobile tire material for manufacturing similar to traditional rubber?.

What have you been smoking?? Seriously, I'm not a chemist and NOT qualified to answer this but I will offer my thoughts, as always..
  Of the materials you have listed, I know that steel is used in tires today. They are steel belted which means they have small wires of steel imbedded in the rubber like a cord. The tire manufacturers used to use nylon and/or fiberglass but they found out that steel cords were much stronger, could take the heat much better than nylon or fiberglass and were more puncture resistant. As far as carbon goes, we have carbon fiber to build body panels and other such things but it is, I would imagine, carbon mixed with fiberglass and resin and it isn't flexible enough to be used in a tire. As far as the rest of your list, I have NO IDEA. I would suggest you contact Firestone Tire and Rubber OR Goodyear Tire and Rubber.
  Good luck..

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.