Automotive/Automobile tires material.

Question
Dear Skip

Can we either use Carbon, Phosphorus, Lead,Sulphur, Iron or Steel as automobile tire material for manufacturing similar to traditional rubber?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
  What have you been smoking?? Seriously, I'm not a chemist and NOT qualified to answer this but I will offer my thoughts, as always..
  Of the materials you have listed, I know that steel is used in tires today. They are steel belted which means they have small wires of steel imbedded in the rubber like a cord. The tire manufacturers used to use nylon and/or fiberglass but they found out that steel cords were much stronger, could take the heat much better than nylon or fiberglass and were more puncture resistant. As far as carbon goes, we have carbon fiber to build body panels and other such things but it is, I would imagine, carbon mixed with fiberglass and resin and it isn't flexible enough to be used in a tire. As far as the rest of your list, I have NO IDEA. I would suggest you contact Firestone Tire and Rubber OR Goodyear Tire and Rubber.
  Good luck..
Skip  

Automotive

Skip Bollinger