Automotive/Service maintenance

Question
I have Mercedes C200 and I use it less than 4 days/month is short city trips. My question relates the regular maintenance. I receive a system message that “Service xx Exceeded by xx days”.  The dashboard shows 53000KM reading.:

Do I need to stick to maintenance as indicated by Service Indicator regardless the actual usage  of the car?
If not, and based on the limited use of the car, when do I need to perform the service (change of oil etc)?

Thank you

Answer
Kamal,
  YES, you really need to stick to the maintenance schedule, ESPECIALLY with your driving habits with this vehicle. Oil gets old. Heat of the engine and the cooling of the engine create moisture, just like a cold drink on a hot day, water forms on the outside of the glass. This happens inside an engine. Long trips and heating the oil will usually evaporate most of this moisture but you are making infrequent short trips which will probably not evaporate this moisture. Go have the oil changed!!
  The Air Filter should be good for a long time unless you are in a dusty area. The tune up stuff should be good too. BUT you need to change the oil! You should change the Transmission Fluid more often than the factory recommendation also.
  I hope this helps and good luck.
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger