Automotive/ID Car

I would appreciate your looking at the attached picture to see if you can ID the car.  The guy in uniform is my uncle.  He served from 1941-1946.

I LOVE a good challenge. The photo is very poor and I wish I could see the front of the car but I'll do my best. Please give me some time. I'll do the best I can. No pun intended but I may need to call in the "troops"!
  I'll be in touch..

I think the car is a 1946 Pontiac Streamliner. IF you look at the rear fenders, there are horizontal stripes. (Again, the photo is rough). The roofline just runs down the trunk line with no definition of the trunk. The rear window appears to be split but I think we are seeing the body line from the left rear opera window. NOW I want you to look at a couple of websites. The first one is and the second is Look through those sites and tell me what you think. Make sure you are looking at a Streamliner and not a Torpedo. The only thing that has me bothered is the rear bumper. The one in the photo doesn't wrap around the fender and the '46 Streamliner seems to wrap around. However, there seems to be damage to the Right Rear fender so maybe the owner just cut off the wrap around area. I don't know. Your thoughts? Gotta go fix my lunch for fun and frivolity at work tomorrow.

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.