Automotive/ID Car

Question
Car
Car  
I would appreciate your looking at the attached picture to see if you can ID the car.  The guy in uniform is my uncle.  He served from 1941-1946.

Answer
Sharon,
  I LOVE a good challenge. The photo is very poor and I wish I could see the front of the car but I'll do my best. Please give me some time. I'll do the best I can. No pun intended but I may need to call in the "troops"!
  I'll be in touch..
Skip

Sharon,
  I think the car is a 1946 Pontiac Streamliner. IF you look at the rear fenders, there are horizontal stripes. (Again, the photo is rough). The roofline just runs down the trunk line with no definition of the trunk. The rear window appears to be split but I think we are seeing the body line from the left rear opera window. NOW I want you to look at a couple of websites. The first one is www.ClassicPontiacs.com and the second is www.Route66HotRodHigh.com. Look through those sites and tell me what you think. Make sure you are looking at a Streamliner and not a Torpedo. The only thing that has me bothered is the rear bumper. The one in the photo doesn't wrap around the fender and the '46 Streamliner seems to wrap around. However, there seems to be damage to the Right Rear fender so maybe the owner just cut off the wrap around area. I don't know. Your thoughts? Gotta go fix my lunch for fun and frivolity at work tomorrow.
Skip  

Automotive

Skip Bollinger