Automotive/ecu

Question
HI
HAVING CHANGED THE HYDROLIC FLEW-ID AND OBTAINED GOOD BRAKE PRESSURE ALL THIS DISAPEARS WHEN ENGINE IS STARTED. I THINK THE ECU MAY NEED RESETTING ?
IF SO HOW CAN I DO THIS .

REGARDS MARTIN

Answer
Martin,
  I'm a Parts Specialist, NOT a tech but will offer a couple of things for you to ponder. You don't tell me what year and type of vehicle on which you are working so I can only offer "generalities".
  Normally an ECU only controls engine functions, not the brakes. You say you obtained good brake pressure.. Did you have the engine OFF when you were bleeding the brakes? I'm sure the vehicle has Power Brakes and you need to bleed the brakes with the engine running. You state the brake pressure disappears when you start the car. Do you mean the pedal goes to the floor or becomes rock hard and won't depress??
  Again, Normally, the ECU needs to be "scanned" by a professional with the proper scan tools. There are some vehicles that just have to go back to the dealership to be reprogrammed.
  I know this isn't much but it's the best I can do with the information supplied. Good luck.
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger