Automotive/Kia Forte 2011 88,000 miles

Question
I have Kia Forte 2011 and getting again a p0106 code.... I took it took the dealership and they didnt fix ix right ....Took it 2 times to the dealership...and not check engine light came back on again....Drove it today and guess the check engine light came back on this time the car stopped on me and turned off ....Thank god it turned back on.....Im getting frustrated... any ideas!  Gonna take it again to the dealership....They said they fixed the map sensor.....Thanks...

Answer
Debbie,
  As stated in my Profile, I'm a Parts Specialist, Not a tech but will offer these thoughts for your consideration.
  Trouble codes gives one "direction" as to what the problem MAY be. Yes, the code P0106 is MAP sensor AREA! It could be a bad MAP sensor, a dirty connection, a burnt wire or something else.
  With that being said, if I went to a barber shop and got a lousy hair cut, I probably wouldn't go back. If I went to a dentist and he pulled the wrong tooth, I probably wouldn't go back. So why do you keep going back to the same dealership if they can't fix the car properly? I hope they are doing it NO CHARGE!!
  I found this site that you may want to look at. It specifically identifies Code P0106 and possible fixes for the problem.
  http://www.obd-codes.com/p0106
  Again, I'm a Parts Specialist, not a Tech but I hope this information may give you some positive direction. Good Luck,
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger