Automotive/Smartphone Wireless Doorbell Application.

Dear Skip

Can we build a Smartphone Doorbell app which will trigger Doorbell rings?.

The smartphone circuit hardware have to be modified to make it work?.

IF I ever meet you, I'm going to buy you a Pizza and a beer. Then I'm going to slap you!! I'm an Auto Parts Specialist and know NOTHING about smart phones. I own one but am NO EXPERT with it.
  From what I know, for the most part, doorbells are electro mechanical devices that have no sensors. There are some new doorbells that send an electronic signal from the mechanical device (button outside the house) to a receiver inside the house and make the bell ring. It operates on a specific radio frequency. I don't know if the phone is smart enough to duplicate a radio frequency. I'm going to have to guess and say, No, it can't be done. BUT like I said, I'm an Auto Parts Specialist, NOT a Smart Phone expert.
  On second thought, YOU can buy the Pizza and Beer, then I'll slap you!! Good luck!!

Skip Bollinger

Heretofore, I will NOT answer any mechanical question. I am not qualified and can only offer speculations. You are better served by others that are true Techs. With that being said, please only ask about parts and locating obsolete Auto Parts. Thank you. I have the ability to locate quite a few mechanical parts for American made vehicles fron the 1900`s to present. Some are OEM and some are aftermarket. This would include engine, brake and chassis parts. Body parts and trim are VERY difficult to find but you may inquire. If you need assistance in repair, I have illustrated books for major American manufacturers that show some illustrations BEFORE 1974. If needed, I can supply repair manuals for your specific vehicle. PLEASE REMEBER I'M A PARTS SPECIALIST, NOT A TECH!! Thank you.. Skip

Past/Present clients
Too many to list but they run from Europe through America and to Australia.