Automotive/Smartphone Wireless Doorbell Application.

Question
Dear Skip

Can we build a Smartphone Doorbell app which will trigger Doorbell rings?.

The smartphone circuit hardware have to be modified to make it work?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
  IF I ever meet you, I'm going to buy you a Pizza and a beer. Then I'm going to slap you!! I'm an Auto Parts Specialist and know NOTHING about smart phones. I own one but am NO EXPERT with it.
  From what I know, for the most part, doorbells are electro mechanical devices that have no sensors. There are some new doorbells that send an electronic signal from the mechanical device (button outside the house) to a receiver inside the house and make the bell ring. It operates on a specific radio frequency. I don't know if the phone is smart enough to duplicate a radio frequency. I'm going to have to guess and say, No, it can't be done. BUT like I said, I'm an Auto Parts Specialist, NOT a Smart Phone expert.
  On second thought, YOU can buy the Pizza and Beer, then I'll slap you!! Good luck!!
Skip

Automotive

Skip Bollinger