Automotive/Seat Belts for Heavy vehicles.

Question
Dear Skip

Can Seat Belts for Heavy vehicles viz Truck, Buses, Tankers, Tempos etc be designed and implemented?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant,
  You are an intelligent person and I'm a bit surprised at your question. Of course seat belts can be fitted to anything that has seats and a floor, either wood, metal or fiberglass.
  There are "universal seat belt" kits that one can buy. All one has to do is drill a hole in the floor of the vehicle. IF the floor is wood or fiberglass, the underside of the mounting would need a metal plate underneath the floor to keep the seat belt bolt from pulling through the wood or fiberglass, in the case of an accident. Just drill a hole in the wood or fiberglass and metal plate and bolt the seat belt to the floor. If the floor is metal, just drill a hole and bolt the seat belt to the floor.
  I hope this helps. I hope you and your family had a Safe and Happy New Year.
Skip  

Automotive

Skip Bollinger